These were absolutely delicious! What we loved the most was easy and quick these were to make. Makes 6 - 8 medium crumpets.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract⠀
- 1 ¼ cup packed fine blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Frozen blueberries (optional)
- Olive oil or coconut oil, for greasing the pan⠀⠀
*You can use almond milk or regular milk instead of coconut milk, but remember to add 1 tablespoon of melted butter or oil to the batter to make sure the pancakes do not dry out.⠀
To make -⠀
1. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, light coconut milk, and vanilla together until smooth and well combined. Add in almond flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt; stir with spoon until well combined. Stir in half a cup of frozen blueberries (if desired).⠀
2. Lightly coat a large nonstick pan with olive oil or coconut oil and place over medium-low heat. Drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. It's important to cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges are well cooked.⠀
3. Flip crumpets and cook until golden brown on the underside, 2 minutes. If you find that the crumpets are browning too quickly, lower the heat a bit. Ideally, start on medium-low, then decrease to low later so that the crumpets don't burn.⠀
4. Wipe pan clean and repeat with more oil and remaining batter. Best enjoyed with honey or maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon.