This was the most amazingly moist and tasty "bread"! It had the perfect amount of sweetness, chocolatey flavour and the texture was lovely too.
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs (sub 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp warm water for vegan)
- 6 tsp of Freesweet Sugar Replacement (We used this) or ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil (We used this) or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup certified GF oat flour (Simply add GF rolled oats to a processor or high power blender until fine)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf tin.
- Place bananas, eggs, sugar replacement/maple syrup, oil and vanilla in a blender or processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk by hand if you don't have a blender.
- Place almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for about 40-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out almost clean. Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Can be kept up to four days in the fridge in a sealed container. Can be frozen too.
Topping suggestions: Chopped/shaved nuts, chocolate nut butter, dark chocolate chips.