This recipe has a lovely soft texture and is delicious too! Can be kept for up to 4 days in the fridge. We added 3 bananas instead of 2.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 large eggs
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a smaller bowl, beat together with a fork the eggs, coconut oil, honey, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute or until well combined.
5. Stir in the 1/4 cup walnuts.
6. Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the remaining 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts on top.
7. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.