How about some breakfast CRUMPETS? These were delicious, soft and completely guilt-free. Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (blanched & finely ground recommended)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 - 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 large free-range eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil that is liquid at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional, but recommended)
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. (Batter should be the consistency of typical pancake batter. If it's too thick, add a little more milk. Don't add too much, or the pancakes will be too "wet".)
2. Preheat an oiled pan on the stove over medium-low to medium heat. Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into circles.
3. Cover and cook about 1.5-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook another 1.5-2 minutes, until browned on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
4. We added raw honey, cinnamon and lemon juice over our crumpets. Enjoy!